- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
- Former Chaffee officer faces DWI charge (8/20/17)2
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- PBS crew filming in Cape; Glenn House to be featured (8/17/17)
- Jumbo size: Rhodes 101 sets a world record with 15-foot, 4,700 gallon drinking cup (8/21/17)3
- Scott City Council reinstates police chief (8/16/17)1
- Unions deliver signatures to block right-to-work in Missouri (8/20/17)40
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
Yemini al-Qaida suspect blows himself up
SAN'A, Yemen (AP) -- A suspected al-Qaida member carrying explosives blew himself up Wednesday after being cornered by Yemeni security forces, according to a police statement.
The statement said that Sameer al-Hada, aged 25, was being chased by Yemeni security forces and had been stopped for questioning when he threatened police with a hand grenade.
The grenade exploded in his hand, killing him instantly. No police were injured.
The incident happened in a suburb of the Yemeni capital, San'a, during the early evening.