- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
Yemini al-Qaida suspect blows himself up
SAN'A, Yemen (AP) -- A suspected al-Qaida member carrying explosives blew himself up Wednesday after being cornered by Yemeni security forces, according to a police statement.
The statement said that Sameer al-Hada, aged 25, was being chased by Yemeni security forces and had been stopped for questioning when he threatened police with a hand grenade.
The grenade exploded in his hand, killing him instantly. No police were injured.
The incident happened in a suburb of the Yemeni capital, San'a, during the early evening.