- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
Yemini al-Qaida suspect blows himself up
SAN'A, Yemen (AP) -- A suspected al-Qaida member carrying explosives blew himself up Wednesday after being cornered by Yemeni security forces, according to a police statement.
The statement said that Sameer al-Hada, aged 25, was being chased by Yemeni security forces and had been stopped for questioning when he threatened police with a hand grenade.
The grenade exploded in his hand, killing him instantly. No police were injured.
The incident happened in a suburb of the Yemeni capital, San'a, during the early evening.