- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)27
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
- Cape woman hopes son's death in Chattanooga will lead to better policing (11/30/16)11
Yemini al-Qaida suspect blows himself up
SAN'A, Yemen (AP) -- A suspected al-Qaida member carrying explosives blew himself up Wednesday after being cornered by Yemeni security forces, according to a police statement.
The statement said that Sameer al-Hada, aged 25, was being chased by Yemeni security forces and had been stopped for questioning when he threatened police with a hand grenade.
The grenade exploded in his hand, killing him instantly. No police were injured.
The incident happened in a suburb of the Yemeni capital, San'a, during the early evening.