- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)7
- Japanese restaurant up and running; owner surprised by fondness of sushi here (2/24/17)1
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)23
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- Former KFVS12 reporter talks about recovery from eating disorder (2/23/17)11
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)13
- Two men crack market with local cage-free eggs (2/26/17)12
Yemini al-Qaida suspect blows himself up
SAN'A, Yemen (AP) -- A suspected al-Qaida member carrying explosives blew himself up Wednesday after being cornered by Yemeni security forces, according to a police statement.
The statement said that Sameer al-Hada, aged 25, was being chased by Yemeni security forces and had been stopped for questioning when he threatened police with a hand grenade.
The grenade exploded in his hand, killing him instantly. No police were injured.
The incident happened in a suburb of the Yemeni capital, San'a, during the early evening.