- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
James Harwell Sr.
PATTON, Mo. -- James Harold Harwell Sr., 85, of Patton died Monday, Feb. 11, 2002, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Oct. 7, 1916, at Hendrickson, Mo., son of Sylvester G. and Rhoda E. Osborn Harwell. He and Letha M. Enders were married Nov. 16, 1938. She died July 1, 1991.
Harwell retired as a machinist with Missouri Pacific Railroad. He was a member of Liberty Congregational Methodist Church near Marquand, Mo.
Survivors include a son, James Harwell Jr. of Poplar Bluff, Mo.; a daughter, Carol Tarrance of Patton; four grandchildren; 10 great-grandchildren; and three great-great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by three sisters.
Friends may call at Liley Funeral Home in Patton from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
Funeral will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at Liberty Congregational Church. The Revs. Kirby Grindstaff and James Schremp will officiate. Burial will be in the church cemetery.