- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
Girl Scouts were dressed as young Japanese girls
To the editor:
Thank you for your coverage of the Girl Scouts International Festival. We have received many compliments from the girls and their leaders about the program.
With the help of our wonderful international students, we hope this program will continue for many years.
We would like to raise one small concern. The caption under the photograph of Christin and Mercades said they were dressed "as Japanese geishas." A geisha, in fact, is a Japanese girl who is trained to provide entertaining and lighthearted company, especially for a group of men. Christin and Mercades were dressed as little girls their age might be dressed in Japan for a very special occasion. We would appreciate your correcting this information.
International Community Programs
Southeast Missouri State
Otahki Girl Scout Council