- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
CAIRO, Ill. -- Virginia Marie Watson McKee, 73, of Cairo died Sunday, Feb. 10, 2002, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born May 11, 1928, in Pulaski, Ill., daughter of M. Dewey and Bessie Poole Mayberry. She married Harley McKee, who died in November 2001.
Survivors include three daughters, Linda Hodges of Cairo, Lora Ferrin of Eugene, Ore., Nancy Hinman of Dyersburg, Tenn.; two sisters, Thula Kerr of Villa Ridge, Ill., Shirley Nain of Barlow, Ky.; a brother, Powell Mayberry of Decatur, Ill.; eight grandchildren; and eight great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, a daughter, three brothers and a sister.
Friends may call at Jones Funeral Home in Villa Ridge from 5 to8 p.m. today.
Funeral will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Ron Ferguson officiating. Burial will be in Rose Hill Cemetery at Pulaski.