- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Germany's Henkel wins women's 15K, opening biathlon event
MIDWAY, Utah (AP) -- Andrea Henkel of Germany won the gold medal in the women's 15-kilometer event Monday, the opening biathlon competition at the Olympics.
Henkel covered the distance in 47 minutes, 29.1 seconds, after one penalty minute for one missed target.
Liv Grete Poiree of Norway took the silver in 47:37.0 after also missing one target.
Magdalena Forsberg of Sweden won the bronze in 48:08.3, her first Olympic medal in a distinguished career. Forsberg, the pre-race favorite, had two misses and two penalty minutes added to her time.