- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Duncans married 50 years
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Mr. and Mrs. Samuel R. Duncan of Chaffee celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary Dec. 28, 2001, at Mollies Cafe and Bar in Cape Girardeau.
The Fine Arts Department at First Assembly of God Church in Cape Girardeau honored the couple with a surprise reception Dec. 7.
Duncan and Barbara Ann Pruitt were married Dec. 7, 1951, at Calvary Baptist Church in Blytheville, Ark.
He was a former locomotive engineer with Burlington Northern Railroad, retiring in 1994 after 43 years of service. Mrs. Duncan is a retired elementary teacher and is currently an instructor at Southeast Missouri State University.
The couple's children and spouses are: Dr. Sam and Melanie Duncan and Susan and Russell Lane, all of Jackson, Mo., and Cathy and Arvin Haynes of Salt Lake City, Utah.
The Duncans have five grandchildren, Bailey and Law Duncan, Scott and Missy Lane, and Aaron Haynes.