- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Robert Patrick Hopen, 46, of Cape Girardeau died Friday, Feb. 8, 2002, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
He was born March 17, 1955, in Cape Girar-deau, son of James and Betty Johnson Hopen.
Hopen worked most of his life in the construction field as a skilled finish carpenter.
Survivors include his mother; a daughter, Jane Nicole Hopen of Crystal Falls, Mich.; three brothers, Thomas Hopen of Lawrence-ville, Ga., Michael Hopen of Cape Girardeau and Stephen Hopen of Sikeston, Mo.; and five sisters, Mary Drum of Herndon, Va., Linda Shelton of Kelso, Mo., Susan Carlson of Point Mugu, Calif., Carolyn Davis of Jackson, Mo., and Judith Hopen of St. Louis.
He was preceded in death by his father.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mt. Auburn Chapel from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the chapel, with the Rev. John Harth officiating. Burial will be in St. Mary Cemetery.