- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
ORAN, Mo. -- Noel Curtis Orr, 82, died Friday, Feb. 8, 2002, at Marymont Nursing Home in Eureka, Mo.
Born June 3, 1919, in Corona, Tenn., he was the son of John and Myrtle Osbon Orr.
A retired accountant, Orr was a U.S. Army veteran of World War II.
Orr was a member of the Guardian Angel Catholic Church in Oran; the St. Joseph Sodality; Morley VFW Post 5368; Knights of Columbus Council 4311 in Oran; and the St. Louis Assembly of the 4th-degree Knights of Columbus. He was also past chairman of the Oran chapter of Missouri Right to Life.
Survivors include six sons, John Orr of Lawton, Okla., Sam Orr of Jefferson City, Mo., David Orr of Columbia, Mo., Kenneth Orr of Hillsboro, Mo., Michael Orr of St. Louis, Stephen Orr of Kirkwood, Mo.; and 10 grandchildren.
In addition to his parents, Orr was preceded in death by three brothers and two sisters.
Friends may call after 5 p.m. Monday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Oran with parish prayers at 6:30 p.m. and a Knights of Columbus prayer service at 7 p.m.
A Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at Guardian Angel Catholic Church, with the Rev. John Harth officiating. Burial will follow in the church cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Missouri Right to Life or the Vitae Society.