- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)36
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
ANNA, Ill. -- Betty Jane Wright, 71, died Tuesday, Feb. 5, 2002, at Union County Hospital in Anna.
She was born June 7, 1930, in Anna, daughter of Howard and Florence Karraker Henderson. She and Carl R. Wright were married June 16, 1949, in Osceola, Ark. He died Aug. 27, 1991.
Wright was a member of Anna Heights Baptist Church.
Survivors include two sons, Carl and Allen "Hot Dog" Wright of Anna; two sisters, June Stokes of Anna, Glenda Smith of Alto Pass, Ill.; four grandchildren; and a stepgrandchild.
She was preceded in death by her parents, three brothers, and a sister.
Friends may call at Hileman and Parr Funeral Home in Jonesboro, Ill., from 5-8 p.m. today.
Funeral will be at 1 p.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Paul Sadler officiating. Burial will be in Jonesboro Cemetery.