- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Kaelyn Marie McGill, 8, of Cape Girardeau died Sunday, Feb. 3, 2002, at St. Francis Medical Center from injuries received in an automobile accident.
Kaelyn was born June 12, 1993, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of James and Shelia Small McGill. She was a third-grade student at Alma Schrader School, sang in the choir, was a member of Girl Scout Troop 44 and La Croix United Methodist Church, was active in gymnastics and was a student at Patty Simmons Dance School.
Survivors include her parents; a sister, Taylor McGill of Cape Girardeau; grandparents, Don and Carolyn McGill of Jackson, Mo., and Harriet Small of Charleston, Mo.; and great-grandmother, Helen Herwig of Charleston.
Also surviving are aunts and uncles, Kevin and Christy Small of East Prairie, Mo., Lisa and Tim Dowdy of Jackson, Donna and David Williams of Cape Girardeau, Terry and Lisa McGill of Jackson, Pat McGill of Cape Girardeau; great-aunts and uncles, Katherine and John Leffler of Paducah, Ky., Kathleen Richardson of Charleston, Larry Secoy of East Prairie, Velma and Belma Howard of East Prairie, Delores and Bob Brents of Brandon, Fla., Karen Cato of Tulsa, Okla.; and 13 cousins.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mt. Auburn Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. Wednesday.
Funeral will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Ron Watts officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.
Memorials may be made to the Kaelyn McGill Memorial Fund at Alma Schrader School.