- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Birks married 60 years
Mr. and Mrs. Clement Birk of Cape Girardeau celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary with a family dinner and reception Jan. 12 at Trinity Lutheran Church Fellowship Hall.
Hosts were their children and spouses, Gary and Sandy Birk of St. Louis and Saundra and Thomas Farrington of Cape Girardeau.
Birk and Irene Sander were married Dec. 19, 1941, at Tilsit, Mo., by the Rev. H.J. Strickert. Their attendants were Naomi Hartle and Norman Birk.