- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Sharla Rosana Pullen, 37, of Bellwood, Ill., formerly of Bell City and Cape Girardeau, died suddenly Jan. 23, 2002, at Maui Memorial Medical Center in Kahului Maui, Hawaii.
She was born Oct. 23, 1964, in Bell City, daughter of Charles and Earnestine Jackson Pullen.
She attended Washington Elementary in Cape Girardeau and graduated in 1982 from Lindblom High School in Chicago.
She was a member of the First Baptist Church in Melrose Park, Ill.
Survivors include her parents; a daughter, Shyree Pullen; two brothers, Keiland and Kermaine; and her paternal grandmother, Georgiana Pullen Orr.
Friends may call from 10 a.m. until the funeral at Second Baptist Church in Cape Girardeau.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. in the church, with the Revs. Wiley Reed and Howard McGee officiating.
Burial will be in Fairmont Cemetery in Cape Girardeau with Sparks Funeral Home in Charleston, Mo., handling arrangements.