- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
MURRAY, Ky. -- Margaret Louise Tarry Roper, 95, of Murray died Thursday, Jan. 31, 2002, at the Lutheran Home.
She was born Aug. 10, 1906, in Fulton County, Ky., daughter of J.M. and Nina Maddox Linn.
She was first married to Mack Thomas Tarry. He died March 15, 1978. She was then married to Melvin Roper, who died Jan. 27, 1993.
A graduate of Murray State Teacher College, she was a former high school teacher. She was a member of First Baptist Church of Murray and belonged to the Lydian Sunday School Class and the Kathleen Jones W.M.U. Circle.
Survivors include two daughters, Margaret Zieba of Cape Girardeau and Rebecca Barr of Mancelona, Mich., and a sister, Rachel Wilson of Nashville, Tenn.; five grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a sister.
Friends may call from 1:30-5 p.m. today at J.H. Churchill Funeral Home in Murray, Ky.
Funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. William B. Miller and Dr. Winfield Rose officiating.