- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
ANNA, Ill. -- Hazel Mae Davis, 83, of Dongola, Ill., died Friday, Feb. 1, 2002, at the Rehab and Care Center of Jackson County in Murphysboro, Ill.
She was born Dec. 17, 1918, in Granite City, Ill., daughter of Elbert H. and Iva Ury Dillow.
She and Matthew Davis were married Dec. 24, 1940. He died Jan. 4, 1988.
She was a member of the Wetaug Church of Christ and a former member of the Mill Creek Baptist Church.
Survivors include two grandchildren, Ronald Matthew Davis and Amy Michelle Casper of Anna; two sisters, Opal Treece of Anna and Jean Crocker of Sesser, Ill.; and two great-grandchildren.
Davis was preceded in death by three sons, two sisters and a brother.
Friends may call from 5-8 p.m. today and before the funeral Sunday at Crain Funeral Home in Anna.
Funeral will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Myron Dillow officiating. Burial will be in the St. Johns Cemetery in Dongola.