- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Dorothy Marie Wiggins Norris, 44, of Cape Girardeau died Wednesday, Jan. 30, 2002, at St. Francis Medical Center.
She was born Sept. 13, 1957, in Sikeston, Mo., daughter of Dorothy Lee Thornton of Sikeston, Mo., and Percy Burgett of Clarksdale, Miss. She and Michael Norris were married Feb. 4, 1984.
Norris was a 1974 graduate of Sikeston High School. She formerly worked at Hunter Acres Caring Center, and was a member of Green Memorial Church of God in Christ at Sikeston.
Survivors include two sons, Aaron Wiggins and Michael Norris of Cape Girardeau; two daughters, Serena Bond of Sikeston, Angelo Wiggins of Cape Girardeau; her parents; three sisters, Lisa Corke, Sharron Artis and Patsy Wiggins of Sikeston; two brothers, Mark Wiggins of Baltimore, Md., Larry Wiggins of Atlanta, Ga.; and two grandchildren.
Funeral will be at 2:30 p.m. Sunday at Green Memorial Church, with Bishop Charlie Green officiating. Burial will be in Sunset of Memories Cemetery at Sikeston.
Friends may call at the church Sunday from 1:30 p.m. until time of service.
Williams-Farr and Purnell Funeral Home at Sikeston is in charge of arrangements.