- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Bell City on a roll, knocks off No. 10 Oran
BELL CITY, Mo. -- Bell City (18-4) continued to roll with a 52-44 win over Oran, the 10th-ranked team in Class 1A.
"It's a big win for our kids, it just gives us an edge going into districts knowing that we can beat them," said Bell City coach David Heeb, whose team had fallen to Oran twice earlier.
Eric Henry (17), Dominitrix Johnson (12) and C. J. Hadley (10) led Bell City.
Oran (14-5), missing injured leading scorer Ryne Wood, was led by Patrick Friga and Tyler Cookson with 12 points apiece.
Jackson 64, Farmington 42
JACKSON, Mo. -- Defense reigned for the Indians, who held the Knights (11-10) to 16 points through three quarters. Jackson led the Knights 28-11 at halftime.
Jeffrey Beck's 15 points led Jackson (13-9). Tyler McNeely added 14 and Seth McDowell 10.
De Soto 67, St. Vincent 52
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- St. Vincent (7-8, 1-6) fell behind early and suffered a Jefferson County Conference loss.
Tyler Wengert paced St. Vincent with 19. De Soto got double-figure scoring from Rodney Kelly (30), Andy Sides (21) and Josh Aylesworth (10).
So. Missouri Christian 72, Eagle Ridge 62
Eagle Ridge (8-8) fell despite a career-high 24 points from Daniel Ellinghouse.
Andrew Mellies and Mike Probst scored 14 and 12, respectively, for Eagle Ridge. Chad Joehrs paced So. Missouri with 28.
Delta 46, Malden 44
DELTA, Mo. -- Rebecca Cook hit two free throws with eight seconds left to lift Delta (13-5), which rallied from an eight-point fourth-quarter deficit.
Sarah Cook scored 17 and Rebecca Below, who had a strong defensive game for Delta, added 14.
Eagle Ridge 58, So. Missouri Christian 18
Amber Karnes scored 19 points to lead Eagle Ridge (13-3) over Southern Missouri Christian School.
Gennifer Newman paced So. Missouri with 11 points.
MICDS 121, Cape Central 64
The Tigers (4-10) failed to win their final dual meet of the season, but added two state qualifiers.
Sam Maguire, who had already qualified for the 100 freestyle, made the state cut in the 50 freestyle, as did the 400 freestyle relay team of Mike Mercer, Alex Heddle, Andrew Moreton and Maguire.
-- From staff reports