- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Religion calendar 2/2/02
Gospel singing at 7 p.m. at Shiloh Baptist Church in Villa Ridge, Ill., featuring Ron and Stacy Groves, Sisters by Heart, and the Gloryroad Travelers, all of Mounds.
Vesper service at 4:30 p.m. at First Baptist Church followed by a Super Bowl party and viewing of the game in the Activities Center at 5 p.m.
Super Bowl party at Bethany Baptist Church at 5 p.m. including a big-screen viewing of the game, food and fellowship.
Grace United Methodist Women will meet for a program at 11 a.m. The executive board will meet at 10 a.m. The program will be lead by Grace Hoover. The Sander group will be host for the noon luncheon.
First Tuesday noon worship at Young Life building, 616 Broadway. Emphasis is on prayer for young people.
Centenary's United Methodist Women will meet in general session at noon in the lobby of the Family Life Center at the church. A catered lunch will be served for $5; advance reservations are requested. Martha Maxton will preside during the business session, and Dorothy March will present a devotion. The program will be an overview of a trip to Nicaragua presented by Karen Mustoe and the Rev. Dr. Clayton Smith.
Chili and chicken noodle soup dinner served from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. at Eisleben Lutheran Church in Scott City, Mo. Tickets are $4.50 for adults and $2.50 for children 6-12. Proceeds benefit the grounds committee and the ladies aid groups at the church.
Lunch and day-care reservations due for the Feb. 11 meeting of the Cape Girardeau County Christian Women's Club. To make reservations, call 334-1673.
Lenten fish dinner served from 4-7 p.m. at Knights of Columbus Hall in Scott City. Meal will be served in the upper hall with a cost of $7 for adults and $3.50 for children 6-1. Proceeds will benefit St. Jude's Hospital, St. Ambrose, St. Augustine, St. Denis and St. Joseph parish schools.
True Love Waits session for youth and parents from 7-9:30 p.m. at Bethany Baptist Church. Speaker will be Steve Craft, a chaplain at the Jefferson City, Mo., prison. Special music will be provided by Samson, I.O.U. and the Regeneration Choir.