- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Leona L. Rhodes, 77, of Perryville died Tuesday, Jan. 29, 2002, at Perry County Memorial Hospital.
She was born Oct. 13, 1924, in Perry County, daughter of William and Caroline Behrle Probst. She and Waldo E. Rhodes Sr. were married Dec. 28, 1943. He died May 30, 1997.
Rhodes was a member of Our Lady of Victory Catholic Church and Ladies Sodality in Sereno, Mo., Knights of Columbus Council 1263 Auxiliary, VFW Post 4282 Auxiliary, American Legion Post 133 Auxiliary, all in Perryville.
Survivors include three sons, Waldo Rhodes Jr. of Spring Hill, Fla., Roger and Larry Rhodes of Perryville; five daughters, Carol Rhodes and Diane Klaus of Perryville, Mary Werner of Frohna, Mo., JoAnn Rhodes of Fulton, Mo., Barbara Bey of Prosper, Texas; 13 grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, three brothers and a sister.
Friends may call at Young and Sons Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday, and Saturday from 6:30 to 9:30 a.m. The parish wake will be at 7 p.m. Friday, and VFW Auxiliary wake at 7:15.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at Our Lady of Victory Church, with the Revs. Francis Agnew and Kevin Fausz officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery.