- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
EAST PRAIRIE, Mo. -- Jean Davis, 73, of East Prairie died Tuesday, Jan. 29, 2002, at her home.
She was born April 22, 1928, in East Prairie, daughter of Alfred and Amanda Dycus Boyd. She and Charles William Davis were married Sept. 21, 1982, at Caruthersville, Mo.
Davis was a member of First Christian Church.
Survivors include her husband; a son, the Rev. Sid Whittington of Memphis, Tenn.; a stepdaughter, Billie Austin of Walls, Miss.; and a sister, Vera Gage of Charleston, Mo.
She was preceded in death by her parents, a daughter and a brother.
Friends may call at Shelby Funeral Home in East Prairie after 5 p.m. Thursday.
Funeral will be at 1 p.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Revs. Sid Whittington and Matthew Buttrum officiating. Burial will be in East Prairie Memorial Park Cemetery.