- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Cape fines contractor $1,100 a day for street-project delays; contractor blames utility relocations (5/18/17)13
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
Lesions removed from Ashcroft's ear
WASHINGTON -- Attorney General John Ashcroft had benign skin lesions removed from his left ear last week, the Justice Department said Tuesday.
Capt. David Ferguson, a physician at the National Naval Medical Center in Bethesda, Md., said Ashcroft did not suffer from any melanomas, "and the attorney general's overall health was found to be excellent."
The number of lesions was not disclosed.