- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Ruby Welker, 85, of Marble Hill died Monday, Jan. 28, 2002, at Eldercare.
She was born Dec. 15, 1916, at Mayfield, Mo., daughter of Cleveland and Ida Hanners Hale. She and Bennett Welker were married Feb. 24, 1935. He died May 13, 1990.
Survivors include two daughters, Dorothy Kirkpatrick of Marble Hill, Velda Robins of Collierville, Tenn.; a brother, Harold Hale of Marble Hill; five grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son and a brother.
Friends may call at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Eddie Long officiating. Burial will be in Plainview Cemetery near Marble Hill.