- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
DONGOLA, Ill. -- Joyce Churchill, 76, of Dongola died Saturday, Jan. 26, 2002, at St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Aug. 18, 1925, in Ullin, Ill., daughter of Clarence and Genevieve Lingenfelter Brown.
Churchill was an accountant 42 years with Southern Illinois Electric Co-op. She was a member of First Baptist Church.
Survivors include three daughters, Cheryl Honey of Metropolis, Ill., Carole Brown of Dongola, Donna Loughridge of Peyton, Colo.; a son, Keith Churchill of Dongola; a brother, William Brown of Effingham, Ill.; four grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a brother.
Graveside service will be at 9 a.m. Wednesday at American Legion Cemetery. The Rev. Paul Sadler will officiate.
Crain Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.