- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
ANNA, Ill. -- Bonnie Sweet, 82, of Anna died Sunday, Jan. 27, 2002, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born July 10, 1919, in Anna, daughter of Roy and Ollie Bridgeman. She married Carl Jackson Sweet in Anna. He died in 1960.
Sweet retired as a stenographer with Illinois Department of Public Aid. She was a member of Anna Church of the Nazarene.
Survivors include a son, Caroll Sweet of Anna; six grandchildren; and 13 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two brothers, a sister, and a great-grandson.
Friends may call at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna from 6 to 8 p.m. today.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at Anna Church of the Nazarene. The Rev. Richard Keeley will officiate. Burial will be in Beech Grove Cemetery near Wolf Lake, Ill.