- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Maggie Groves, 86, of Chaffee died Sunday, Jan. 27, 2002, at her daughter's home in Zalma, Mo.
She was born Feb. 27, 1915, daughter of Robert and Sophia Stuppy McBride. She and the late Ollie R. Groves were married Feb. 5 1935. He died Sept. 4, 1982.
Groves was a homemaker. She was a member of St. Ambrose Catholic Church in Chaffee, the Daughters of St. Ambrose and the Ladies Auxiliary of the Chaffee VFW post.
Survivors include a son, Richard O. Groves of Florissant, Mo.; a daughter, Patty Fussell of Zalma; a sister, Goldy Asher of Chaffee; eight grandchildren; 26 great-grandchildren; and a great-great-grandchild.
She was also preceded in death by three daughters, five brothers and a sister.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee after 4 p.m. Tuesday.
Funeral will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at St. Ambrose Catholic Church. The Rev. Ralph Duffner will officiate, with burial in the church cemetery.