- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
THEBES, Ill. - Gayla Dawn Kirby and Jason Earl Warren were married Aug. 4, 2001, at Beech Grove Baptist Church near Thebes. The Rev. Robert Kirby performed the double ring ceremony. Pianist was Debbie Coffman of Anna, Ill.
The bride's parents are Elvis and Kathryn Kirby of Thebes. The groom's parents are Link and Cathy Warren of Miller City, Ill.
Maid of honor was Kelly Simmons of Glen Carbon, Ill. Bridesmaids were Aretta Hale of Thebes, Brooke Breuer of Jackson, Mo., and Paula Kirby of Miller City, sister-in-law of the bride.
Best man was Tony Kirby of Miller City, brother-in-law of the bride. Groomsmen were Matthew Kirby, nephew of the bride; Joel McHarry and Kyle Whitmore, both of Cape Girardeau.
Flower girl was Destiney Schierbaum, niece of the groom. Ringbearer was Jerrid Warren, nephew of the groom.
Candlelighters were Samantha Bruer, niece of the bride, and Ryan Kirby, nephew of the bride. Ushers were Amanda Kirby and Alicia Cain, nieces of the bride.
Following the ceremony, a reception was held at the Olive Branch Community Center. Servers were Susan Cain and Robin Bruer, sisters of the bride, and Chandy Schierbaum.
Guest book attendant was Angie Kirby, niece of the bride.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner Aug. 3, at the church.
Mrs. Warren is a 1995 graduate of Egyptian High School, and received an associate of arts degree from Shawnee Community College in 1998.
Warren is a 1996 graduate of Egyptian High School. He is employed in construction with Warren Enterprises.
The couple resides at Miller City.