- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Mattie Jane Hawn, 90, of St. Louis died Thursday, Jan. 24, 2002, at Althenhelm Retirement Home.
She was born Dec. 26, 1911, in Marble Hill, Mo., daughter of Epps Maben Hawn and Nellie Mary Lutes Hawn.
She graduated from the former Southeast Missouri State Teachers College in Cape Girardeau. She had lived in St. Louis for 70 years and was a retired secretary for the Veterans Hospital in St. Louis.
She was a member of Centenary Untied Methodist Church in St. Louis.
Survivors include a sister, Mildred Jones of Jackson, Mo.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a sister.
Friends may call from 9-10 a.m. Wednesday at Ford & Sons Mt. Auburn Funeral Home.
Funeral will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Gwen Trullinger officiating. Burial will be in Baker Cemetery in Marble Hill.