- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Drake Joseph Kambitch, age 54, of Cape Girardeau died Friday, Jan. 25, 2002, at St. Francis Medical Center.
He was born Aug. 23, 1947, in St. Louis, son of Joseph and Anita Lerch Kambitch. Drake graduated from Southeast Missouri State University in 1975. He and Jean Koeln were married May 28, 1982, in St. Louis.
He owned and operated International Telecommunications Services Inc. and was a pilot and avid outdoorsman. He served in the U.S. Army from 1967 to 1969. He was a member of St. Mary's Cathedral.
He is survived by his wife, Jean; son, Joshua Drake Kambitch of the home; his stepfather, Thomas Sawhill of Granite City, Ill.; his stepmother, Pauline Kambitch of St. Louis County; a sister, Joanne Kambitch of Springfield, Ill.; three stepbrothers; and one stepsister.
Friends may call at Ford & Sons Mt. Auburn Funeral Home Monday, Jan. 28, from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Funeral services will be Tuesday, Jan. 29, at 10 a.m. at the funeral home, with Ted Spencer officiating.
Burial will be at Cape County Memorial Park Cemetery.