- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
ND slips past Dons for road league win
DONIPHAN, Mo. -- The Notre Dame boys basketball team improved its SEMO Conference record to 4-2 and its overall mark to 13-6 with a 64-55 win over host Doniphan Saturday night.
Five Bulldogs scored in double-figures, led by Nathan LeGrand with 15 points. He was followed by Tyler Cuba (12), Travis Siebert (10), Wayne Essner (10) and Scott Wittenborn (10).
Brian Pulliam paced Doniphan (6-11, 2-5) with 20 points.
St. Vincent 62, Perryville 58
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- In a battle of cross-town rivals, St. Vincent pulled off an upset in double-overtime.
Adam Bockman paced the Indians (7-6) with 21 points while Tyler Wengert added 13.
The Pirates (12-6, 5-1) got 17 points from Tim Winningham and 16 from both Andrew Meyr and Chad Ozark.
Warrenton 68, Eagle Ridge 46
WARRENTON, Mo. -- Mike Probst scored 23 points but no other player for Eagle Ridge (7-8) scored more than six points in a loss to Warrenton.
Notre Dame 94, NMCC 12
Class 2A power Notre Dame held New Madrid to four points or less in each quarter as the Lady Bulldogs rompled
The Lady Bulldogs (15-2) received 18 points from Lisa Millham, 14 from Deana McCormick, 12 from Erin Pfau and 10 from Amanda Dirnberger and Laura Weissmueller.
Perryville 44, St. Vincent 30
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Kelly Kassel scored 17 points and Amanda Nuyt added 11 to lead Perryville (12-7) past cross-town rival St. Vincent (6-10).
Kelly 66, East Carter 54
BENTON,Mo. -- Ashley Kern scored 14 points as Kelly improved to 14-2.
Cara Scherer added 12 points and Dana Essner and Ashley Payne finished with 10 points apiece.
Eagle Ridge 62, Warrenton 30
WARRENTON, Mo. -- Amber Karnes poured in 20 points and Hannah Cordes netted 17 as Eagle Ridge (12-3) rolled to a victory.
De Soto Invitational
DE SOTO, Mo. -- Cape Central placed seventh in the nine-team tournament, which was won by North County.
Brandon Hinkle (140) and Cory Huskey (145) had second-place finishes for the Tigers.
SEMO Conference JV
JACKSON, Mo. -- Jackson defended its SEMO Conference junior varsity championship by a slim 4 1/2 point margin over Ste. Genevieve.
The Indians' Jordon Barnhart (130), Austin Bock (135) and Greg Ludwig (145) won individual championships.
Brandon Seabaugh (119) was Cape Central's individual winner.
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. -- Cape Central had one of its best performances in placing seventh in the 16-team event.
The Tigers had their first two state-qualifying efforts in swimming as Sam Maguire placed fourth in the 100 freestyle and the 200 freestyle relay team of Maguire, Andrew Moreton, Alex Heddle and Chris Daniel was second.
JUNIOR HIGH BASKETBALL
Central teams fall
JACKSON, Mo. -- Cape Central's eighth and ninth grade squads both lost games in the Jackson Tournament.
The eighth grade (8-8) fell in the finals to Poplar Bluff 59-54 despite 12 points by Anthony Hempstead.
The ninth grade (12-4) lost in the consolation game to Farmington 66-65 despite 25 points by Brandon Twiggs.
--From staff reports