- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Feeling at home
The owner of the house at 3803 Highway W comments that everyone who visits this house feels at home. That's understandable. With the warmth of wood throughout the house, it has a very comfortable and homey feel.
The exterior has a brown brick and vinyl combination with mature trees dotting the lawn. Stone steps lead to the back yard. The home even has a tree house and a fenced-in area for the safety of children and pets.
All of this makes one realize that this is a home for a family, and a home in which to make memories.
Inside are wood parquet floors and lots of warm wood doors, trim, and cabinetry. Walls all feature warm, light colors for ease of decorating. All of these touches give the feeling of bringing the outdoors, indoors. That feeling continues as visitors gazes out the quaint window seat in the dining area, bringing to mind many probable memories of being seated there, enjoying the changing seasons through its view.
A wood-burning fireplace with a convenient gas starter continue the theme of warmth to the family room, which is located strategically next to the kitchen. Its warm oak cabinetry and efficient pull-out cabinets and pantry can make cooking a family project.
Summers can be spent lazily enjoying the days on the screened-in deck which overlooks the half-acre yard. Spring and summer landscaping with perennials make the yard a visual delight.
After enjoying days spent out on the deck with a glass of lemonade, one can wander in to take a hot bath in the deep tub of the bathroom. A two-sink vanity and chrome and brass hardware make this room beautiful and practical.
Three bedrooms are located upstairs, including a master bedroom and bath that has more oak cabinetry, ceramic tile, and a shower.
Downstairs is a recreation and family room, office area, and storage area. A large unfinished storage area can house anything from gardening supplies to family fun vehicles, like motorcycles and four-wheelers. A garage door entry into the storage area makes it perfect for any hobby.
Though located in the Jackson, Mo., school district, this home is conveniently close to both Cape Girardeau and Jackson. Priced at $157,000, it is available for viewing through Town and Country Realty, 334-4406.