- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Disney World Trip
The A.D. Hoffman family is no stranger to Walt Disney World after four visits to the Orlando, Fla., theme park.
A. D. Hoffman, his wife Judy and three children, Danielle, 13, Emily, 11 and Graham, 9, of Jackson, Mo., recently visited the park during the Christmas holidays.
The Hoffmans are owners of Wib's Drive-In in Jackson.
"We spent five days inside Disney World," said Judy Hoffman. "We started early and stayed late, and did the entire package -- Magic Kingdom, Epcot Center, MGM, etc.
"We really liked it. There seems to be something new every time you go down."
The Hoffmans especially liked the candlelight procession held at Epcot each evening. Celebrities read stories, and an orchestra was on hand, said Hoffman.
The family spent their evenings at Epcot Center. "We had our evening meals at Epcot, and the fireworks were gorgeous each night," said Hoffman.
Overall, the park was crowded," said Hoffman. "But, we didn't have to stand in too many lines."
Many visitors were in the park to help Disney World wind down its 15-month celebration of founder Walt Disney's 100th birthday.
The group had an opportunity to see many of the Disney characters -- Mickey and Minnie Mouse, Goofy, Winnie the Pooh and others.
Graham, the youngest, enjoyed the Indiana Jones part of the park, and the two girls, liked the roller coaster, and the "Tower of Terror" ride. A.D Hoffman liked the rides, and Disney Quest game.
"Everybody liked the Thunder Mountain and Splash Mountain rides," said Judy Hoffman. The entire family agrees that the trip was important for family memories.
If you have a great vacation story or favorite weekend getaway, the Southeast Missourian would like to know about it. Send photos and up to 250 words about your trip or favorite retreat to Laura Johnston at P.O. Box 699; Cape Girardeau, Mo. 63702-0699. You can also e-mail her at ljohnston@se missourian.com or phone 335-6611, extension 126.