- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- Cape Girardeau businessman proposes redevelopment project; seeks taxing district to fund improvements (2/17/18)12
- Charges filed in Sunday murder; suspects in custody (2/14/18)2
- University Foundation to honor Talberts as Friends of the University (2/13/18)2
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- Major case squad activated to investigate shooting death in Cape (2/13/18)
- Lovebirds for 80 years give advice: Trust, patience and 'Tell 'em you love 'em' (2/14/18)2
- Jackson schools to install artificial turf on football, soccer fields (2/14/18)
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)2
- Area restaurants plan for those observing Lent on Valentine's Day (2/12/18)
Explosives expert linked to al-Qaida
SINGAPORE -- An Indonesian explosives expert who was arrested recently in the Philippines helped suspected members of an al-Qaida-linked cell plot to blow up buildings in Singapore, the government said Saturday.
Fathur Rohman Al-Ghozi came to Singapore in October and helped suspected militants conduct surveillance of the American embassies and other buildings, the Ministry of Home Affairs said.