- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
ELCO, Ill. -- Graveside service for Margaret R. Gaines of Elco will be held at 1 p.m. today at St. John's Cemetery. Monsignor Tom Miller will officiate.
Hileman and Parr Funeral Home in Jonesboro, Ill., is in charge of arrangements.
Gaines, 62, died Friday, Jan. 25, 2002, at Jonesboro Healthcare Center.
She was born Nov. 17, 1939, in Philadelphia, Pa., daughter of Gerald and Francis O'Neal Ring. She and Lawrence Gaines were married April 28, 1971, in Orlando, Fla.
Survivors include her husband; a daughter, Tonia Samuels of Anna, Ill.; a brother, James Ring of St. Petersburg, Fla.; two sisters, Barbara Gallow and Mary Carter of Daytona Beach, Fla.; and two grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a daughter.