- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
URBANDALE, Ill. -- Funeral Mass for Harold E. Walker of Urbandale will be held at 11 a.m. today at St. Patrick's Catholic Church in Cairo, Ill. The Rev. Jerome Fortenberry will officiate. Burial will be in Calvary Cemetery at Villa Ridge, Ill.
Friends may call at Barkett Funeral Home in Cairo from 9-10:30 a.m. today.
Walker, 93, died Monday, Jan. 21, 2002, at Jonesboro Health Care Center in Jonesboro, Ill.
He was born April 15, 1908, in Robinson, Ill., son of William and Lucinda Beeman Walker. He married Irma DeLashmutt, who preceded him in death.
Walker had been a heavy equipment operator. He was a member of St. Patrick's Church.
Survivors include a daughter, Irma Parrott of Grass Valley, Calif.; three grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.