- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Philomena Mary Jirik, 96, of Bloomsdale, Mo., died Thursday, Jan. 24, 2002, at Jefferson County Memorial Hospital in Crystal City, Mo.
She was born Dec. 29, 1905, at Oran, Mo., daughter of Louis and Frances Blattel Schramm. She and Simon J. Jirik were married Feb. 5, 1929. He died Aug. 27, 1982.
Jirik was a member of St. Agnes Catholic Church in Bloomsdale. She was a former member of St. Ambrose Catholic Church in Chaffee.
Survivors include three sons, LeRoy Jirik of Springfield, Mo., Norman Jirik of Cabot, Ark., David Jirik of Bloomsdale; a sister, Lucille Dannenmueller of Jackson, Mo.; 10 grandchildren; and eight great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son, three brothers and a sister.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee after 4 p.m. Sunday. Parish prayers will be at 6.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Monday at St. Ambrose Church, with the Rev. Ralph Duffner officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery.