- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Leatrice Barks, 80, of Advance died Friday, Jan. 25, 2002, at Chaffee Nursing Center in Chaffee, Mo.
She was born Jan. 19, 1922, at Poe, Mo., daughter of Cleve and Clara Myers Jackson. She and Henry Barks were married Aug. 6, 1942, in Little Rock, Ark. He died Dec. 4, 1967.
Barks was a member of First Baptist Church and VFW Auxiliary.
Survivors include a son, James Barks of Rolla, Mo.; two sisters, Veda Boley and Maggie Lancaster of Chaffee; a granddaughter raised in the home, Jama Robbins of Paris, Tenn.; four other grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a daughter, four brothers and two sisters.
Friends may call at Morgan Funeral Home from 4:30-8 p.m. today.
Funeral will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Fred Ritter officiating. Burial will be in Morgan Memorial Park.