- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
CLARKTON, Mo. -- Funeral for Charlsie M. Shelton of Clarkton will be held at 2 p.m. today at First Baptist Church. The Rev. Daniel Hale will officiate. Burial will be in Oak Grove Cemetery.
Landess Funeral Home at Malden, Mo., is in charge of arrangements.
Shelton, 83, died Wednesday, Jan. 23, 2002, at the Lutheran Home in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Feb. 14, 1918, in Wooster, Ark., daughter of Earl and Callie Williams Bass. She and Ernest Gilmore Shelton were married Oct. 8, 1939, at Bernie, Mo. He died April 4, 1991.
Shelton was a teacher's aide 10 years at Clarkton Schools. She was a member of Oak Grove and then First Baptist Church at Clarkton, was a member of the choir, was a Sunday School teacher many years, and participated in the Black River Baptist Association.
Survivors include two sons, Robert Shelton of Springfield, Va., Donald Shelton of Kelso, Mo.; two daughters, Erna Trease of St. Louis, Amy Mullens of Ringgold, Ga.; a brother, Samuel Bass of Eureka, Ill.; a sister, Hazel Schoen of Grand Junction, Colo.; five grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two brothers and a sister.