- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Lloyd G. Brennecke, 72, of Peoria, Ill., died Sunday, Jan. 20, 2002, at Rosewood Care Center in Peoria.
He was born Feb. 13, 1929, in Cape Girardeau, son of Leo and Ida Henley Brennecke. He and Mary V. Hensley were married July 1, 1951, in Cape Girardeau.
Brennecke was a wood pattern maker with Caterpillar Inc., retiring in 1987. He was a member of Caterpillar Mixed Chorus and was an Eagle Scout.
He was a quartermaster third class with the U.S. Navy during the Korean War.
Survivors include two sons, Robb Brennecke of Bothell, Wash., Steve Brennecke of Terlingua, Texas; a daughter, Susan Brennecke of Champaign, Ill.; a friend, Mary Lou Taylor of Peoria; a grandchild; and several nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by a sister.
Cremation rites have been accorded.
A memorial service was held Thursday at Endsley Funeral Home Bartonville Chapel in Bartonville, Ill. Dr. Randall Saxon officiated.
Memorials may be made to American Cancer Society or National Diabetes Foundation.