- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Teen suspect confesses to shooting cab driver in robbery
POPLAR BLUFF, Mo. -- A Poplar Bluff teen-ager has confessed to allegedly firing the shot that struck a local cab driver during a robbery gone bad.
This came after the 13-year-old was taken into custody Tuesday, according to Poplar Bluff Police Capt. Cliff Morris.
Morris said the boy was found hiding inside a clothes dryer in a house on North C Street.
Authorities had been looking for the juvenile in connection with the incident on Thursday night.
According to earlier reports, Shannon L. Arbuckle, 27, was shot in the back of the head during an alleged robbery attempt while he was parked in front of a residence on Benton Street.
Arbuckle, who drove himself back to Bluff City Cab, was later treated and released from a hospital in the immediate area.
A 14-year-old boy was taken into custody Friday and reportedly confessed to his role in the alleged robbery. Both teens are being held at the Butler-Ripley County Juvenile Center.