- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
IRMO, S.C. - Capt. Daniel Gardner McCollum, 28, formerly of Irmo, died Wednesday, Jan. 9, 2002, in Pakistan.
He was born Dec. 6, 1973, in Tallahassee, Fla.
He married Jennifer J. Harkey, formerly of Cape Girardeau, on May 26, 2001.
He spent his early childhood in Beaufort, S.C., moving later to Columbia, S.C. He graduated from Irmo High School in 1992 and from Clemson University in 1996. He joined the Marine Corps in April 1997. He had accumulated over 500 flight hours, and flew in support of Operation Enduring Freedom.
Survivors include his wife; his mother and stepfather, Betty and Charles W. Lorick; a brother, Capt. Matthew D. McCollum; and his mother-in-law and father-in-law, Bill and Jenny Harkey of Cape Girardeau.
He was preceded in death by his father, David Warrington McCollum.
Funeral will be 10 a.m. Saturday at Union United Methodist Church in Irmo. Burial with full military honors will be in Bush River Memorial Gardens.
Caughman-Harman Funeral Homes Irmo/St. Andrews Chapel in charge of arrangements.