- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Vena A. Tackett, 85, died Tuesday, Jan. 22, 2002, at Jackson Manor in Jackson, Mo.
She was born Sept. 2, 1916, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Edwin A. and Minnie May Helderman Ireton.
She married Luther O. Tackett Aug. 2, 1952, in Piggott, Ark. He preceded her in death May 4, 1983.
She was a member of Faith Tabernacle United Pentecostal Church.
Survivors include a daughter, Barbara Heffington-Layer of Jackson; three stepsons, Chalmer Tackett of Jackson, Norman Tackett of Grainville, Mo., and Raymond Tackett of Omaha, Neb.; two stepdaughters, Lillian Pender of Millersville, Mo., and Alma Hall of Advance, Mo.; two grandchildren; 24 step-grandchildren; 43 step-great-grandchildren; and 20 step-great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two stepsons, two stepdaughters, two brothers, two sisters, and three step-grandchildren.
Friends may call from 4-8 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Sprigg Street Chapel.
Funeral will be 1 p.m. Friday at the funeral home with the Rev. Doyle Randol officiating. Burial will be at Fairmount Cemetery in Cape Girardeau.