- Three out, including city administrator, at Scott City; two resigned, one fired (3/16/17)1
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Police: Man beats pregnant wife, throws her down stairs, abandons her on side of road (3/14/17)17
- Several tournaments already booked at Sportsplex (3/16/17)6
- Cairo man pleads guilty to bank murders (3/17/17)1
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)19
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Cape's 24-hour endurance run keeps growing; some will run more than 100 miles beginning Friday night (3/15/17)1
JACKSON, Mo. -- Frances Noel, 92, died Wednesday, Jan. 23, 2002, at the Jackson Manor Nursing Home.
She was born Nov. 11, 1909, the daughter of the Frederick H. and Bertie M. Thomas Siebert. She married Arthur L. Noel on March 12, 1932. He died Nov. 25, 1988.
She was a member of Gravel Hill United Methodist Church and its United Methodist Women. She served as treasurer of the UMW for 35 years.
She is survived by two sons, Harry Noel of Jackson and Danny Noel of Ballwin, Mo.; three daughters, Ellen Green of San Ramon, Calif., Edna Crader of Cape Girardeau and Mary Noel of East Prairie, Mo.; two half-sisters, Martha Armstrong and Dorothy Voss, both of Eureka, Mo.; nine grandchildren and seven great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, a son, a daughter, a granddaughter, two brothers and a half-brother.
Visitation will be from 4-8 p.m. Friday at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson.
Services will be at 12:30 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home with the Rev. Calvin Brown officiating.
Burial will be at the McGuire Cemetery south of Burfordville, Mo.