- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)20
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Velda Louise Harriel, 46, of Grayridge, Mo., died Monday, Jan. 21, 2002, at her home.
She was born Dec. 25, 1955, daughter of Roy B. and Louise Davidson English in Catron, Mo.
She married Leonard "Lenny" Harriel Aug. 11, 1976, in Rome, Ga.
She was a member of the Morehouse Assembly of God Church.
Survivors include her husband, Leonard Harriel of Grayridge; her parents, Roy and Louise English of Canalou, Mo.; three daughters, Misty Lynn Stucker of Grayridge, Sara Nicole Harriel and Samantha Louise Harriel, both of the home; a brother, Wayne English, of Benson, N.C.; two sisters, Fontain English of Canalou and Ramona Coffee of Benton, Mo.; and a grandson.
She was preceded in death by a son and a brother.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Nunnelee Funeral Chapel in Sikeston.
Funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. John Goss officiating.
Burial will be in Essex Cemetery.