- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
JACKSON, Mo. -- Audra F. "Tick" Jenkins, 86, of Jackson, died Monday, Jan. 21, 2002 at The Lutheran Home in Cape Girardeau.
She was born April 5, 1915, in Jackson, son of Pinkney Wills and Lula Mae Drum. She and the late L.C. Jack Jenkins were married Sept. 6, 1946. He died Sept. 28, 1990.
Jenkins was the co-owner and operator of the Owl Shanty Restaurant and Service Station in Fruitland, Mo., from 1947 to 1977.
Survivors include two sisters-in-law, Dorothy Illers of Jackson and Billie Kiehnau of Oklahoma City, Okla.; two great-nieces, Dottie Ellis of Jackson and Jewell Ryan of Cape Girardeau; and two great-nephews, Kevin Sawyer of Jackson and Steve Sawyer of LaPlata, Mo.
She was preceded in death by three brothers.
Graveside services will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at Cape County Memorial Park. The Rev. John Rice will officiate.