- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Beverly Louise Brown and Wayne Lewis Boehme, both of Cape Girardeau, exchanged vows Oct. 20, 2001, at St. Vincent de Paul Church in Cape Girardeau. The Rev. Rick J. Valleroy performed the double-ring ceremony. Organist was Jeff Overby of Cape Girardeau; and flutist was Carol McDowell of Cape Girardeau. Vocalists were Alan Bruns of Cape Girardeau and Brittany Moore of Pocahontas, Mo.
Mr. and Mrs. Lawrence Brown of Perryville are the parents of the bride. The groom's parents are Mr. and Mrs. Elmer Boehme of Shawneetown, Mo. He is also the son of the late Viola Boehme.
Matron of honor was Annette Horman of Jackson. Bridesmaids were Donna Bernsen of Florissant, Mo.; Barbara Brown of Cape Girardeau and Kimberly Brown of Murphysboro, Ill., both sisters of the bride; and Fay Ponder of Altenburg, Mo., sister of the groom.
Dale Boehme of Altenburg served his brother as best man. Groomsmen were Stephen Boehme of New Wells, Mo., brother of the groom; Jim Schlichting of Brazeau, Mo., brother-in-law of the groom; Jamie Weber of Altenburg; and Ron Ponder of Altenburg, brother-in-law of the groom.
Flower girl was Courtney Ponder, niece of the groom and daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Ron Ponder of Altenburg. Ringbearer was Adam Boehme, nephew of the groom and son of Mr. and Mrs. Dale Boehme of Altenburg.
Candlelighters were Tasha Valleroy of Cape Girardeau, cousin of the bride, and Melissa Ponder of Altenburg, niece of the groom.
Ushers were Bruce Valleroy, uncle of the bride, and Jody Ruehling.
Guestbook attendant was Kristin Boehme of New Wells, niece of the groom. Hospitality hostess was Kathleen Schlichting of Brazeau, sister of the groom.
Following the ceremony, a reception was held at Drury Inn.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner on Oct. 19 at their home.
The bride is a pediatrician at Cape Girardeau Physician Associates.
The groom is a rural developer in Shawneetown and a salesperson at Pocahontas Lumber in Jackson.
After a wedding trip, the couple resides in Cape Girardeau.