- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Many people from the Congolese town of Goma lined the road in Rwanda's northwestern province of Gisenyi Saturday. Hundreds of thousands of people have fled their homes in Goma after the nearby volcano erupted on Thursday.JONESBORO, Ill. -- Bonnie Lee Land, 58, of Jonesboro, died Friday, Jan. 18, 2002, at the Union County Hospital.
Born March 8, 1943, in Mill Creek, Ill., she was the daughter of Eanis and Cleta Simms Poole.
On May 1, 1976, she married the Rev. Carl Land Jr.
Survivors include her husband; her mother of Anna, Ill., two daughters, Bonnie Mayberry and Julie White of Jonesboro; a son, Rod Land of Jefferson City, Mo.; five brothers, Dennis Poole of Jonesboro, Eanis Poole of Tamms, Ill., Fred Poole of Anna, Bobby Poole of Elco, Ill., and Billy of Mill Creek; six sisters, Effie Lang and Janice Burchyett of Dongola, Ill., Joann Bowling of Pinckneyville, Ill., Brenda Berry of Weataug, Ill., Jeannie Huffhine of Elco, Ill., and Jackie Pollard of Villa Ridge, Ill.; six grandchildren and one great-grandson.
She was preceded in death by her father and a brother.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Hileman and Parr Funeral Chapel.
Funeral will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at the funeral chapel with the Revs. Paul Mayberry and Fred Albright officiating. Burial will be in the Vally Mission Cemetery.