- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Frank Edward Godwin
JACKSON, Mo. -- Frank Edward Godwin, 98, of Jackson died Friday, Jan. 18, 2002, at Jackson Manor in Jackson.
He was born Oct. 1, 1903, at Jackson, the son of Thomas Edward and Stella Mae Ramsey Godwin.
He was an assembly line worker at Florsheim Shoe in Cape Girardeau, retiring in the late 1970s. Prior to his shoe factory career, he worked for Goodwin Poultry, riding the chicken cars from Jackson to New York and Canada.
He was a member of the First Baptist Church of Jackson. He was an avid coon hunter and shooting match participant.
He married Henrietta Hoffmeister on June 21, 1935.
Survivors include his wife of Jackson; a sister, Daisy Long of Jackson; two grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a daughter, a brother and a sister.
There will be no visitation.
Graveside service will be held Monday at 11 a.m. at Russell Heights Cemetery in Jackson. Dr. Brian Anderson will officiate.
Cracraft-Miller Funeral Service in Jackson handled the funeral arrangements.