- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Sports letters to the editor 1/20/02
Thanks for the NAIA basketball standings in the Thursday, Jan. 17 paper. My son plays at Lindenwood University in St. Charles, Mo. Hope to see more on NAIA schools in the future.
via e-mail Appreciates local
I want to commend Jamie Hall on the sports write-up he did at our racetrack Saturday, January 12. The story appeared in Sunday's sports section. Jamie comes from a family of motorsports; his grandfather, Jim Hall, raced with the best in the business and is a hero of mine. Jamie is a big asset for your sports department and will be able to contribute a huge amount of knowledge regarding the nation's number one sport: racing. We have a very large amount of race fans in the southeast Missouri region and Jamie's expertise in the sport will enable him to keep all of our race fans in the area up-to-date on what is going on at the local tracks (Auto Tire and Parts Racepark, SEMO Motor Speedway, Malden Speedway, St. Francis Co. Speedway and, of course, NASCAR). You have a good sports writer in Jamie Hall one to be proud of and that will represent your newspaper proudly.