- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
ANNA, Ill. -- Helen Griffith Ownes, 91, of Anna died Thursday, Jan. 17, 2002, at City Care Center in Anna.
She was born Jan. 26, 1910, in Anna, daughter of W. Davie and Floy Halstead Wiley.
A member of the Evangelical Presbyterian Church in Anna, she operated Wiley's Book Store from 1946-1975.
She and Floyd Russell Griffith were married May 29, 1928. He died Dec. 2, 1962. She then married Omer Owens Sept. 15, 1967.
Survivors include her husband; two sons, Floyd W. Griffith of Nashville, Tenn., Davie Griffith of Bloomington, Ill.; a sister, Ann Hughes of Bountiful, Utah; four stepsons, Harold Owens of Phoenix, Ariz., Gerald Owens of Grand Rapids, Mich., Thomas E. Owens of San Luis Obispo, Calif., and Kenneth Owens of Springfield, Ill.; a stepdaughter, Reva Locke of Calico, Ark.; nine grandchildren; 10 stepgrandchildren; and several great-grandchildren and stepgreat-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son and a sister.
Friends may call from 6-8 p.m. Sunday at Lutz & Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Revs. Steve Wilkinson and Ron Cox officiating. Burial will be in Cobden Cemetery.