- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
BLOOMFIELD, Mo. -- James Fletcher Leggett, 77, a lifelong resident of Bloomfield, died Thursday, Jan. 17, 2002, at Missouri Southern Healthcare in Dexter, Mo.
Born Feb. 13, 1924, in Bloomfield, he was the son of James and Thelma Mosley Leggett.
Leggett played big-band music throughout the country and loved golf.
Survivors include his wife, Doris Stroup Leggett; a son, James Fletcher Leggett IV of St. Peters, Mo.; a daughter, Susan Shea of Cape Girardeau; two grandchildren; and two stepgrandchildren.
Memorial services will be held at a later date, with Chiles-Cooper Funeral Home in charge of arrangements.