- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)27
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)8
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)17
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
ANNA, Ill. -- Robert "Beemer Bob" Anglin, 87, of Anna, formerly of Cobden, Ill., died Tuesday, Jan. 15, 2002, at his home.
He was born Jan. 18, 1914, in Matthews, Ill., the son of Luther and Alta Sticklin Anglin.
He married Lenore Margaret Fuestel Dec. 27, 1943, in Glendale, Calif.
He was a member of the Christian Motorcyclist Association, a past member of the Cycle Sports Motorcycle Club in Carbondale, Ill., and a member of the Missionary Baptist Church.
He was a veteran of the U.S. Army in World War II.
Survivors include his wife, Lenny Anglin of Anna; two sons, Robert James "Bobby" Anglin of Petaluma, Calif., and John Michael "Jackie" Anglin of Taft, Calif.; three grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by two brothers and two sisters.
Friends may call from 6 to 8 p.m. today at Lutz & Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna.
Funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Revs. Derrill Schroth and John Cripps officiating. Cremation will follow.
Memorial graveside service will be held 2 p.m. Sunday at Dutch Ridge Cemetery, with the Rev. Schroth officiating. Military honors will be conducted at the grave by the Carroll P. Foster Post 3455 of the VFW in Anna.