- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
ANNA, Ill. -- Robert "Beemer Bob" Anglin, 87, of Anna, formerly of Cobden, Ill., died Tuesday, Jan. 15, 2002, at his home.
He was born Jan. 18, 1914, in Matthews, Ill., the son of Luther and Alta Sticklin Anglin.
He married Lenore Margaret Fuestel Dec. 27, 1943, in Glendale, Calif.
He was a member of the Christian Motorcyclist Association, a past member of the Cycle Sports Motorcycle Club in Carbondale, Ill., and a member of the Missionary Baptist Church.
He was a veteran of the U.S. Army in World War II.
Survivors include his wife, Lenny Anglin of Anna; two sons, Robert James "Bobby" Anglin of Petaluma, Calif., and John Michael "Jackie" Anglin of Taft, Calif.; three grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by two brothers and two sisters.
Friends may call from 6 to 8 p.m. today at Lutz & Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna.
Funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Revs. Derrill Schroth and John Cripps officiating. Cremation will follow.
Memorial graveside service will be held 2 p.m. Sunday at Dutch Ridge Cemetery, with the Rev. Schroth officiating. Military honors will be conducted at the grave by the Carroll P. Foster Post 3455 of the VFW in Anna.